According to Weight Watchers, this is what you should be eating each day:
- 6 Glasses of Water a Day
- 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables a Day
- 2 Servings of Fat Free or 1% Milk Products (over 50 and teens should have 3 servings)
- Healthy Oil (olive oil, flaxseed, canola, nuts, salmon, etc.)
- 1-2 servings of Protein Each Day (meat, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, soy, etc.)
- Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Supplement
Incorporating fruits and vegetables in your diet is not hard. I like to keep a bowl of fruit in my kitchen. When I'm hungry for a snack, grabbing a peach or an apple is a much better alternative to chips or cookies and it's very portable. I throw a banana in my bag so when I go to work and the hunger bug bites, I'm happy to have a healthy snack option with me. To add more fruit to your diet, try adding some berries to your yogurt, fresh fruit to your salads or salsas, make fruit filled crepes, add fruit to your pancakes or make a smoothie in the morning. To get more vegetables in your day, cut up your favorites and add them to your omelets, soups, rice, pasta dishes and stir-fries. And don't forget to drink your water. So important!!